Raimon Guarro i Nogués. I’m an artist. I’m a freelance worker. I’m a profesional of digital imaging. Currently I aim my skills to image creation (with digital or mixed media) and to educate other people about the usage of these tools and technologies.
- Master in Landscape Architecture, partially (UPC, 2006-08)
- Bachelor in Fine Arts, Universitat de Barcelona (2006)
- Blender Foundation Certified Trainer (2013)
- CAP, certificate of teaching ability, issued by UPC (2007)
- Monitor on leisure activities for young people and children (2002)
- C level on catalan language, issued by Junta Pemanent de Català (1998)
- drawing and compositional sense
- verbal communication, knowledge transmission
- musical sense and natural tuning ability
Relevant things that I did:
- During july 2016 I participated in the paid residency program in the Medialab-Prado center in Madrid, with the project Puredata y Blender aplicados al mapping de pequeño formato.
- For 5 years I’ve collaborated with Barcelona Activa as the starter and teacher in the short courses about Blender basics taught in the Cibernàrium facilities.
- During 2015-16 and 2016-17 academic years I thaught the Postproduction course at the CFGS d’Animació 3D, Jocs i Entorns interactius in the ENTI school in Barcelona.
- I taught workshops and lectures in the Blender Conference in Amsterdam, in l’Escola del Treball, ACVIC, Telenoika, BlenderCAT, among other organizations and programs.
- I took part of professional production teams for mapping shows, with Telenoika, in Festival Internacional de Màpping de Girona, Urano Films and others, both in creative visual content production and in other more technical tasks such as 3D models and template creation for mapping (since 2012).
- I was finalist in second edition of the Festival Internacional de Màpping de Girona mapping contest (2015). With this mapping piece that you can watch here: http://vimeo.com/137706628
- I digitized and indexed the cinamtographic legacy from my grandfather (2015), providing myself with the knowledge and the means needed to make it possible. You can see some samples about this work here and here.
- In 2010 I was awarded with two different funds for artistic creation and research. One issued by CoNCA, with the Projecte de recerca i creació amb eines de programari lliure about visual creation with free software, and the other issued by Associació Cultural Telenoika for the Projecte Alfanhuí.
- I had many jobs, but I would like to underline my first one which was teaching painting to children when I was 17. This was in Traç, an arts and crafts school renowned in Barcelona where I also attended when I was a child.
Things I’ve learned:
In my Fine Arts studies:
- Analytical drawing in human figure. Osteology and Myology applied to artistic drawing. Taught by Teresa Llàcer Pellicer.
- Photography (Black and white lab) taught by Mar Redondo, History and theory about photography taught by Manolo Laguillo, and about photo studio, taught by Mariano Zuzunaga.
- I was assistant in practice in the Laboratori Mèdia (2004-05, 1000h.), where besides attention to the users and administrative work, I’ve learned about professional equipment and methods for (audio)visual production.
- I was also assistant in a graphic design studio in Sant Boi de Llobregat, Punto y Aparte (2006, 800h.) working with Macintosh. Here, in addition to usual graphic design tasks, I also learned about general concepts in media campaigns.
- 3D creation, especially with Blender.
- english with the help of Adrià, who exchanged with me conversation time for Blender classes from me.
- Typing on a computer keyboard, the proper way.
in the scout movement:
- Attended at several trainers trainings, withind the MEG organisation (more than 100h., 2006-09).
Languages and other stuff…
- Catalan as mother language. High degree of correction in catalan and spanish.
- French, learned on the school, I’m able to use it with a medium degree of fluency.
- English, as I’ve mentioned before, with an also medium degree of fluency.
- Driving license. Interest in the mechanichs and self maintaning of old cars, especially the Citroên Dyane.
- I play the guitar in an informal way since I was 12, and since a bit more than two years ago, I’m learning the violoncello.